How To Make Lagan nu Custard
The dessert from the Parsi community, this egg-based custard is studded with dry fruits to make it an unforgettable experience
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time45mins
Ingredients to make Lagan nu Custard
- milk 1liter
- sugar 150g
- eggs 6
- cream 400 ml
- rose water 1/2 cup
- raisins 50g
- charoli nuts (chironji) 50g
- cardamom and nutmeg powder 1/2 tsp
- butter to grease
Steps to make Lagan nu Custard
- Boil the milk with sugar until it becomes 1/3 its original quantity. This takes about 20-30 minutes. Cool and keep aside.
- . Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Whisk the eggs briskly and add all the other ingredients (except the raisins) to the reduced milk.
- Now stir this into the eggs and transfer to a greased baking pan. The charoli must float to the surface. Now scatter the raisins evenly in the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until browned from the top and cooked. To check doneness, insert a knife or skewer into the custard, if it comes out clean, it is cooked.
- Leave to cool and then refrigerate for a couple of hours before