Maamy'z Roasted Coriander Chutney
- Coconut scrapings from 1/2 of a medium sized coconut
- Dry red chillies-5 to 6
- Shallots- 10 to 15
- A small pebble size of Tamarind
- Coriander leaves chopped - 1 cup
- Water as needed to make a paste
- Salt to taste
- Scrape the coconut, chop the shallots and cilantro leaves
- Heat a kadai/pan, add in the coconut scrapings along with the broken dry red chillies. Saute and roast till they attain a light and golden colour.
- When it is half done add in the salt and tamarind piece. Mix well and transfer it into a bowl.
- In the same pan, saute the roughly chopped shallots till they become soft and translucent.
- Once it cools down, transfer the coconut scrapings, chillies, shallots,tamarind,coriander leaves into a grinder jar, pour in a little water and make a smooth paste.
- Check the seasonings and adjust according to the taste of your family members.
- Our Chutney is ready to be served!
My Tip: Note to use fresh ingredients and be patient while the roasting process is going on.