Punjabi Dum Aloo | How to make Punjabi Dum Aloo
About Punjabi Dum Aloo
The Punjabi dum aloo is one of the most delicious potato curry. The gravy is made from onion-tomato paste. To make it creamy, cashew nuts and yougurt are added. Addition of kasoori methi makes it more flavorful.
Punjabi Dum Aloo is an authentic dish which is perfect to serve on all occasions. The Punjabi Dum Aloo is delicious and has an amazing aroma. Punjabi Dum Aloo by Moumita Malla will help you to prepare the perfect Punjabi Dum Aloo in your kitchen at home. Punjabi Dum Aloo needs few minutes for the preparation and 20 minutes for cooking. In the BetterButter app, you will find the step by step process of cooking Punjabi Dum Aloo. This makes it easy to learn how to make the delicious Punjabi Dum Aloo. In case you have any questions on how to make the Punjabi Dum Aloo you can comment on the page below. The "What's cooking" feature on the BetterButter app can help you connect with our home chefs like Moumita Malla. Punjabi Dum Aloo will surely satisfy the taste buds of your guests and you will get compliments from your guests.
Ingredients to make Punjabi Dum Aloo
- 1/2 kilogram small or baby potatoes boiled in salted water
- 1 large Onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thick curd (yougurt )
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt to taste
- 1teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 pod Green Cardamom
- 1 small piece of Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 8-10 Cashew Nuts ( soaked in water )
- 1/2 tablespoon Kasuri Methi ( Dried Fenugreek Leaves )
- Coriander leaves - 1 / 2 cup (chopped )
How to make Punjabi Dum Aloo
My Tip:I always prefer to make this using baby potatoes...It tastes good.