Guppy House Salad
- Carrot - 2 no washed and peeled
- Radish - 2 no washed and peeled
- Less seed Cucumber - 2 no washed
- Broccoli - 1 cup cut into 1 inch florets
- Beet root - 1 no washed and peeled
- Bamboo shoots (optional) - 50 gm sliced
- Palm heart (optional) - cup cut into roundels
- Asparagus - 6 no peeled and sliced into 2 inch pieces
- Flax seeds - 1 table spoon
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 tbs Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tsp Mustard
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Water
- cup Salad Oil
- For the dressing:
- Mix water & mustard. Add Honey & vinegar. As the mustard mix completely and blend well. While continuously whisking, slowly pour in the oil and let it blend in the mixture. Check and adjust the seasoning.
- For the salad:
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add broccoli, asparagus and bamboo shoot to boiling water for 30 sec. Take it out with a mesh strainer and immediately refresh it in ice water, to stop cooking further.
- Thin slice half of the cucumber, beetroot, carrot & radish thin with a mandolin or peeler. Roll & shape slices like flower petal.
- Slice rest half into julienne (match stick shape). Dip it into ice chilled water to crisp it up & to hold the shape.
- Drain & pat dry all the vegetables. In a mixing bowl add all the vegetable except palm heart. Season lightly with salt & pepper. Add dressing & toss well.
- Add palm heart & drizzle little more dressing on top. Serve instantly.