Smoked Pumpkin Soup
- Yellow pumpkin- 1 kg
- Sugar- 20 gm
- Oil 20 ml
- Smoke chips- 10 gm
- Butter (optional) - 10 gm
- Garlic chopped- 20 gms
- Pepper powder- 10 gm
- Salt to taste
- To garnish:
- Roasted pumpkin seed- 20 gm
- Water cress- few sprigs
- Peel and slice pumpkin after washing it. Remove seeds. Cut into cubes of even sizes. Mix oil and garlic. Toss pumpkin pieces into oil and garlic mix.
- In an oven tray arrange pumpkin pieces. Sprinkle sugar and little salt on pumpkin.
- Preheat oven and bake the pumpkin at 160 degree Celsius till it gets tender (depends on size of pumpkin ,normally this takes 10-15 minutes)
- Remove tray from oven and cool the pumpkin.
- To smoke the pumpkin ,arrange it in enclosable chamber (may be a vessel with loose fitting lid so that air can pass slightly)
- In a small metal bowl or dish fire smoke chips and put in the vessel and cover it with lid. Leave it for 10 mins so that pumpkin can absorb the aroma.
- Remove the pumpkin piece and puree it in a blender (add a bit of water if needed)
- Pour the pureed pumpkin in a pan and heat it on medium flame. Add butter and pepper powder. Adjust seasoning if required.
- Serve hot in individual soup bowl garnished with cress and pumpkin seeds.