Sikandari Raan | How to make Sikandari Raan (32 likes)
- By Manini Badlani
Created on 8th Oct 2015
About Sikandari Raan
Always loved Raan but never had the guts to make it until now. Thanks to a fellow foodie's easy and super recipe
Sikandari Raan, a deliciously finger licking recipe to treat your family and friends. This recipe of Sikandari Raan by Manini Badlani will definitely help you in its preparation. The Sikandari Raan can be prepared within few minutes. The time taken for cooking Sikandari Raan is 240 minutes. With such flavoursome ingredients, the dish tastes superb! This recipe is appropriate to serve 6 people. The recipe details out how to make Sikandari Raan step by step. The detailed explanation makes Sikandari Raan so simple and easy that even beginners can try it out. The recipe for Sikandari Raan can be tweaked in a lot of ways to make it more interesting. So, the next time you have a party at home do not forget to check out the recipe of Sikandari Raan from BetterButter.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time4Hours
Video for key ingredients
How to make Khoya
Ingredients to make Sikandari Raan
- Whole leg of Lamb - 1 1/2 Kgs Aprox.
- For the marination; 125 grams yogurt.
- 3 table spoons each ginger and garlic paste.
- 5 teaspoons red chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon garam masaala.
- 2 teaspoons green cardamon seeds powder.
- 5 to 6 teaspoons coriander powder.
- 20 whole black pepper corn.
- 1 teaspoon of powdered javitri ( Mace ).
- 50 grms Khoya
- 3 teaspoons salt.
- 90 ml dark rum .
- 4 tbs ghee
- oil for frying onions
- 4 large onions peeled and sliced length wise