How To Make Potato Pizza
Potato pizza is a healthier version of pizza. With a little preparation, it can be made very quickly.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Key ingredients for Potato Pizza
Homemade Pizza Sauce
How To Make Pizza Dough
Ingredients to make Potato Pizza
- For the Base: 2 big - potatoes
- 1 tsp - mixed herbs
- salt to taste
- lemon juice - 2 tsp
- For topping: 1 - carrot grated
- 1/2 - Green capsicum finely chopped
- Finely Chopped Onions - 1
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp - grated processed cheese
- Pizza sauce as required
Steps to make Potato Pizza
- Boil the potatoes and when they cool down, peel them and then cut them in thick round slices.
- Marinate these potato round slices in mixed herbs, salt and lime juice for at least 10 minutes.
- On a non stick pan or a tawa, roast by brushing little oil. Slightly roast from both the sides on low flame.
- In a separate bowl mix in all the topping ingredients, except cheese. Saute on a pan with little oil till the vegetables are cooked. Lastly add in the pizza sauce.
- For making the pizza Place the topping mixture on the roasted potato round slices, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Then uncover it and press the topping with a flat spoon very gently so that it sticks properly.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on each of them and again cover and cook for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts. It is ready to be served.
- A perfect snack for tiffin or 'shaam ki 4 baje wali chhoti si bhook'.
My Tip: Because of crispy potato base it won't turn soggy.