Ingredients to make Homemade Chiwda Namkeen
- 250 grams - thin rice flakes
- 1/3 cup - roasted black gram de-husked
- 1/2 cup - dry coconut sliced
- 2 & a 1/2 tablespoons - oil
- 1/2 cup - peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon - turmeric powder
- 1/8 cup - sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon - tartaric acid
- 4-5 dried red chillies split them using kitchen shear
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves - A few as per choice
Steps to make Homemade Chiwda Namkeen
- Grind together sugar, salt and tartaric acid. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok, add peanuts. Fry them till they are roasted nicely. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add split chillies, curry leaves and sliced coconut. Fry them till coconut turns nice golden brown or the tenderness is gone and it is crisp.
- Add roasted black chanas. Mix well.
- Now add turmeric powder, rice flakes and roasted peanuts. Add spice mix as per taste.
- Allow to cool and store in air-tight container. Serve as a snack.
My Tip: This stores well and doesn't even turn smelly after a period of time.