HOMEMADE CHICKEN BREAD ROLL-BRAIDED AND STUFFED CHICKEN BREAD
- 3 cups chicken filling
- 4 cups plain/all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 egg (plus one for glazing)
- 1 tsp sugar
- lukewarm water as required
- Add half a cup of lukewarm water to the yeast and sugar and leave it to activate for 10 minutes.
- When the yeast has risen, add the all purpose flour, milk powder, salt, oil and sugar. Add more warm water as required to knead it into a soft dough. Cover this dough with a damp cloth with 1 hour. The dough would have risen after an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Divide the dough into three parts.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape. Place 1 cup of chicken filling in the middle.
- Make slits on either side of the filling. Now fold one slit over the other alternatively till the end.
- Brush it with egg wash for a more golden color. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and apply butter if you wish. Allow it to rest for couple of minutes before serving.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.