How To Make Spaghetti with Pesto of Avocado, Pine Nut & Roasted Greens
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time22mins
Key ingredients for Spaghetti with Pesto of Avocado, Pine Nut & Roasted Greens
How to make Pesto
Ingredients to make Spaghetti with Pesto of Avocado, Pine Nut & Roasted Greens
- 40 gms whole wheat/flavoured spaghetti per serving
- 0.5 inch of ginger grated and sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- half a spirallised onion
- for pesto:
- half a head of chopped and roasted broccoli
- handful of roasted kale
- 2 tbsp of roasted pine nuts
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic
- handful of fresh basil
- himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp yeast
- juice of half a lime
- 1 spirallised carrot
Steps to make Spaghetti with Pesto of Avocado, Pine Nut & Roasted Greens
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Place chopped broccoli on greased proof paper, season with salt and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. After 12 minutes add pine nuts and kale onto the same tray to bake lightly.
- Meanwhile blend avocado, basil, lime juice & garlic cloves in a food processor. Once broccoli and pine nuts are done, allow to cool for around 10 minutes, during which time you can boil the spaghetti.
- Add broccoli, kale and pine nuts to the processor with the avocado mixture, including with it the nutritional taste and olive oil and blitz.
- In a small pan melt the tbsp of coconut oil and fry the ginger gratings until lightly brown. Mix desired amount of pesto with spaghetti, garnish with spiralised carrot, onion and browned ginger and serve.