Healthy Cereal Chivda
- 2 cups Corn Flakes Cereal
- 2 cups Multigrain cheerios
- 2 cup rice Krispie cereal/ rice puffs
- 1 cup Peanuts/raw
- 1/2 cup Roasted Chana dal / Dalia
- 1/4 cup dried coconut/ shredded
- 1/4 cup cashew halfs/almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp or to taste Red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- a generous pinch Asafetida /Hing
- 10 curry leaves
- 5 green chilles
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Heat the oil in a wide pan/Kadai, over medium high heat. After oil is moderately hot, add Asafoetida/hing and mustard seeds. As mustard seeds crack, add curry leaves.
- Lower the heat to medium low, stir-fry for about 30 seconds; add peanuts, chana dal, cashews and shredded dried coconut stir-fry for some time. Be patient if you don't roast it properly, the peanuts and the chana dal will taste raw.
- Add green chili, chili powder, turmeric and salt, mix it well. Add rice crispy cereal and corn flakes and cheerios stir the mixture gently, mix it well and turn off the heat.
- Chivda is ready. Let the cereal chivda cool of to room temperature before serving. Healthy Cereal chivda can be kept for several days in an airtight container.