How To Make Potato Ragi Murukku
With fingermillet flour, gram flour, mashed potatoes with usual spices, you can make this fabulous murukks for this special festival. Making this millet based murukku during festival is definitely a best way to sneak millets as well.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Potato Ragi Murukku
- 2 cups Ragi flour
- 1 cup Gram flour
- 2 Potatoes (boiled & mashed nicely)
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida powder
- Oil for deep frying
Steps to make Potato Ragi Murukku
- Dry roast the ragi flour for a few minutes, sieve together the ragi flour and gram flour, take them in a large bowl.
- Now add the butter, mashed potatoes, sesame seeds, red chilly powder to the flours and knead the flour with enough water as a smooth dough.
- Heat the oil for deep frying and take a ball of dough, put in the muruku press. Squeeze out the murukku over a greased plate and drop gently in hot oil, fry until the oil stops bubbling.
- Drain the excess of oil in a paper towel. Conserve in an air tight box.
- This murukkus stays crunchy even after two weeks.