Key ingredients for Bread Halwa
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Bread Halwa
- 10-11 bread slices
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp ghee+1 tsp
- 1 cardamom
- few cashews and raisins
Steps to make Bread Halwa
- Roast the bread slices until crispy in the tava.
- Tear it into pieces and make bread crumbs by grinding it in a mixer.
- Add a tsp of ghee to the tava and add the crushed bread crumbs.
- Roast it for 2 - 3 minutes until they get crispier again.
- Add sugar and cold milk to the bread. Bread soaks in all the milk.
- Mix food colour to little water. Add the colour to halwa.
- Mix all of them together.
- When halwa thickens, add 1 tsp of ghee at a time. Add crushed cardamom powder to the halwa as well.
- In another pan/tava add a tsp of ghee. Fry badam/cashews and raisins until golden brown and add it to the halwa.
- Bread halwa is ready to serve.
My Tip: Do not over cook the halwa.