How to make Ghee
- Bitter Gourd – 100 gms
- Brinjal – 100 gms
- Green Plantain - 100 gms
- Potato 100 gms
- Drumstick 2
- Bori (Urad Dal Dumplings) - 7 to 8
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Paste 11/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder 2 teaspoon
- Green Chilli 2
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Ghee 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Oil - 1/4 cup
- Panch Phoron Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Radhuni - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Cut all the vegetables in elongated manner and make pieces of drumsticks.
- We use “Bori” in sukto. Bori is nothing but dumplings made of urad dal paste which is sun dried and used in curry after frying.
- Now heat oil in a pan and fry each vegetable separately with salt.
- Put all the fried vegetables together and add ginger paste, cumin powder, sugar and green chillies. Stir well, then add water and put it in a pressure cooker for 1 or 2 whistles or cook them covering with a lid.
- Once the pressure is released, take oil in a pan and season with radhuni seeds or panch phoron & dry red chillies.
- Add mustard paste and saute it. Now pour the boiled vegetable soup & fried dumplings into it and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and lower the flame. Switch off the gas and add ghee & panch phoron powder. Serve this curry with plain rice.
My Tip: Panch phoron can be used if radhuni is not available. Panch phoron contains fennel seeds, fenugreek, cumin, nigella seeds, radhuni. Radhuni can be replaced with mustard seeds in panch phoron.