Koraishutir Kochuri (Green Pea Kachori)
Homemade Short Crust Pastry
- 500gms flour
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1kg green peas (shelled and ground with 2 green chillies)
- 2tsp ginger paste
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp aniseed (roasted and powdered)
- To make the dough or the pastry , rub the oil into flour and then add sugar and salt. Add enough water to make a stiff dough, cover and let it rest.
- For the filling, Heat the oil in a wok. Add the peas, sugar, ginger paste, aniseed. Saute them a little until the colour comes out as little brown and then keep them aside in a separate bowl.
- Now divide the dough into 40 portions and roll them out into fairly thin circles. Put 2 large tablespoons of the filling into 20 circles of dough. Cover each with another circle. Brush water on the edges, and then twist the edges to give a plaited look and seal them.
- Heat the oil to smoking in a wok. Reduce heat. Fry the kachoris a few at a time to a golden brown.
- Serve it hot with your favourite side dish.
My Tip: Add a bit of ground garlic to the filling to make it more tasty.