Spaghetti Butter Garlic Prawns
This super quick & yummy recipe is a keeper for sure. It does not have a sauce, it is has more of a creamy buttery garlicky glaze to the spaghetti when ready. Do I see lip smacks? ;) Well I sure did make your lip smack, come on admit it. :) You can wow your guests the next time you have a brunch or a lunch party at home.
- Prep Time0Minutes
- Cooking Time20Minutes
How To Make Pasta Dough
- Prawns - 14 medium-sized prawns tail on cleaned de-veined
- Spaghetti - 150 gms
- Garlic - 8-10 medium-sized cloves finely chopped
- Butter - 1 tbsp use salted/unsalted your choice
- Fresh cream - 1.5 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 sprigs finely chopped
- Crushed black pepper - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1 tbsp (To cook the spaghetti)
- Salt to taste
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Add enough spaghetti, salt to the water. Add the cooking oil. Cook till al dante or as per the instructions on the pack.
- While the spaghetti is around 3-4 minutes into cooking, melt butter in a saucepan. Add the finely chopped garlic, lower heat to medium. Let the garlic flavour induce its amazing flavour into the butter.
- Do not let the garlic change colour. Add the prawns after a minute. Sprinkle some salt to taste (Remember the spaghetti is already cooking in salty water, if you have used salted butter then add accordingly).
- Once the prawns turn white on both sides, add the cream & mix well. Throw in 1/4 tsp of the freshly ground black pepper. Meanwhile, check on the spaghetti.
- Drain, reserve about 4-5 tbsp of the pasta water (For use just in case the pasta dries up). Throw in the cooked spaghetti. Mix well till the butter and cream sauce just glazes the spaghetti.
- Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves & 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Serve with wedges of lime if you want to add a citrus twist along with a glass of wine that you like :).
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.