How To Make Tomato Gojju (Tomato Chutney)
A simple and easy to make dish which can be made in minutes. This is a special recipe by my Mom and as children, me and my brother used to relish it crazily. Now my children are fond of it, they want Tomato Gojju Anna every now and then.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time10mins
Key ingredients for Tomato Gojju (Tomato Chutney)
Ingredients to make Tomato Gojju (Tomato Chutney)
- Tomatoes (big/ripe) - 4 chopped
- Onion (big) - 1 chopped
- Garlic - 5/6 crushed
- Refined oil - 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Sambhar powder - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Dry red chillies - 2/3
- Salt - according to taste
- Water - 1/2 cup
Steps to make Tomato Gojju (Tomato Chutney)
- Heat a kadai, and add the oil. Add the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Then add, curry leaves, dry red chillies and crushed garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry till light brown and add the tomatoes and cook it until the oil separates.
- Add coriander leaves, sambhar powder and salt to taste. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes in a low flame and keep stirring until the oil separates.
- Add water only if necessary to get the consistency you desire.