Sun-dried Cherry Tomato & Mushroom Cheese Omelette
- 2 Eggs
- 3 button Mushrooms
- 3-4 pieces of Sundried Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Milk (Full Fat)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cream (optional)
- 1tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Mixed Peppers (chopped)
- 2 Black Olives (sliced)
- 2 Cocktail Chicken Sausages (defrosted & sliced)
- 2-3 tbsp Grated Cheese or 1-2 Cheese slices
- Parsley, for garnish (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or 1tbsp Butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash, clean & slice mushrooms, slice the sausages, chop the peppers & parsley & keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan, sauté the mushrooms, peppers & sausages on a super-hot pan one by one using very little oil or butter & remove on a plate & keep it ready.
- Wash & drain the olives to get rid of the brine taste. Grate the block of cheese & keep aside.
- Mix the milk, water & cream together to combine.
- Beat the eggs with salt & pepper & add the above liquid mixture. Add 1/4th of the cheese & mix to combine.
- Heat the same pan on a low flame, add a blob of butter & pour the egg mixture. Swirl the pan carefully to distribute the egg mix evenly
- Now sprinkle the mushrooms, peppers, sausages, sundried tomatoes, olives evenly over the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese or break the cheese slice & place it evenly all over.
- Garnish with parsley & cover the pan. Cook till the omelette is light, fluffy & golden brown from below & the cheese has melted.
- Remove on a plate & serve with toasted bread slices with a spicy chilli sauce.
- Bon Appetit!