- 500g Mixed dry fruit
- 220g Flour
- 180g Unsalted Butter
- 160g Sugar
- 100g Almonds, blanched
- 100g Grounded Almonds
- 100g Cherries
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp Orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a cake tin with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy, add the orange marmalade. Add the eggs gradually and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture slowly, mix well.
- Add the ground almonds, milk and cherries, combine well. Then add in the mixed dry fruits and gently mix.
- Pour in the batter into the cake tin. Arrange the blanced almonds in neat circles and bake for 40 mins.
- Lower the temperature to 160 degrees C and bake for another 60 mins. Check the cake by inserting and a toothpick.
- Let it cool and then remove from cake tin and enjoy !