How to make Idli/Dosa Batter
- Idlis 10 (crumbled into a fine mixture with fingers/fork)
- 1/2 cup Onions chopped finely
- 2 Green chilies chopped
- 1/2 tsp Urud dal (lentil)
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- few Curry leaves
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- Garnishing: 1 tbsp. freshly grated Coconut
- 1/2 tbsp. chopped Coriander leaves
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add oil when oil heats up. Add in dal, mustard seeds, red chili (broken into pieces) and curry leaves. (Follow this order).
- When the mustard seeds start to splutter add in onions and green chilies. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- When the onions starts to turn transparent, add crumbled idli mixture. Season with salt by sprinkling ¼ cup of water. Combine and cook covered for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Take this on a serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves and coconut.
My Tip: I sprinkle some chutney powder on the top for that special flavour.