Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate Cream and Fresh Strawberries
How to make Sour Cream
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tblsp corn flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extact
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- For the chocolate cream
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 300 grams fresh cream
- 2 tblsp butter
- 2 tblsp honey
- Fresh strawberries to decorate
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sour cream and sugar together until light and fluffy. Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, measure out all the dry ingredients, i.e, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Keep aside.
- Into the butter mixture add one egg at a time and whisk vigorously. Add in the vanilla as well.
- In three bits add the flour mix. Add in milk at the last go. Mix til only incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree centigrade for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Make the chocolate cream by melting the cream and chocolate together. Add in the butter and sugar. Whisk until well mixed. Keep aside to cool.
- When your cake is cool pour the chocolate cream on top. Arrange the strawberries and serve.