How To Make Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate Cream and Fresh Strawberries
A stunning cake that will wow your guests completely.
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time60mins
Key ingredients for Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate Cream and Fresh Strawberries
How to make Sour Cream
Ingredients to make Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate Cream and Fresh Strawberries
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tblsp corn flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extact
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- For the chocolate cream
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 300 grams fresh cream
- 2 tblsp butter
- 2 tblsp honey
- Fresh strawberries to decorate
Steps to make Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate Cream and Fresh Strawberries
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sour cream and sugar together until light and fluffy. Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, measure out all the dry ingredients, i.e, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Keep aside.
- Into the butter mixture add one egg at a time and whisk vigorously. Add in the vanilla as well.
- In three bits add the flour mix. Add in milk at the last go. Mix til only incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree centigrade for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Make the chocolate cream by melting the cream and chocolate together. Add in the butter and sugar. Whisk until well mixed. Keep aside to cool.
- When your cake is cool pour the chocolate cream on top. Arrange the strawberries and serve.