Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows
- Chocolate compound - 40 to 50 gms (3 tbsp approx)
- Sugar 2 tbsp (optional)
- Milk - 1 cup (200 ml)
- Vanilla extract - 1/4 tsp (Optional)
- Marshmallows - As many as desired
- Chop the chocolate into bits. The finer you chop, the quicker the chocolate will melt.
- Add this in a microwave safe mug and microwave it for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave again for 30 seconds.
- Add in some milk and mix it well. Microwave it again. Stir well. Add the rest of the milk and stir it for a minute. Add the sugar as per liking, mix and microwave it one last time (Be careful as it may boil).
- Add vanilla extract if using any. Finally add some marshmallows, chocolate shavings and sip away!
- Try additional toppings or flavors like whipped cream, chocolate syrup, cinnamon and mint for garnish.
My Tip: For a mug of creamy hot chocolate use one tablespoon of heavy cream. You can also add sweetened condensed milk to the mug for a sweeter, thicker and creamier hot chocolate.