How To Make Kashmiri Kehwa
A hot comforting beverage that hails from the beautiful Kashmir valley. Kehwa leaves simmered in water with cinnamon, cardamom and the added crunchiness of almonds.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Kashmiri Kehwa
- 2 tsp Kashmiri green tea or Kehwa tea leaves
- 4 pinches of Saffron strands
- 2 to 3 cardamoms, slightly crushed
- 8 to 10 almonds, blanched and sliced thinly
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 to 3 Cloves
- 2 tbsp sugar or as per taste
- 3 cups water
Steps to make Kashmiri Kehwa
- Bring the 4 cups of water to a rolling boil.
- Add in cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Add 1/2 tsp leaves in each cup.
- Pour over the tea leaves and keep covered to infuse. Or add the tea leaves straight into the pan, cover and turn off flame.
- Dissolve the saffron in a little water separately.
- Strain the tea and add the saffron liquid together with almonds.
- Serve hot.
My Tip: Use good quality kashmiri tea. For blanching the almonds, just add them in hot water, peel and slice thinly.