Tomato and Olive Focaccia
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup olives
- 20 cloves of garlic
- Coarse salt for dusting
- In a bowl, combine warm water, yeast and sugar. Let it sit in a warm spot until the yeast is bubbling, at least 15 minutes.
- Knead together flour, salt, 1/2 cup olive oil and the yeast mixture till the dough comes together. Continue to knead for 5 to 6 minutes until it smooth and soft.
- Coat a bowl lightly with olive oil and place the dough in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and put it in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size, at least 1 hour.
- Take a wide pan and the remaining olive oil to it. Lay the dough on it and spread to all corners. Now punch for fingers all the way through. in the holes scatter the bits of tomatoes, olives and garlic. Let this dough rise for another hour.
- Sprinkle the top of the focaccia with some coarse sea salt and lightly drizzle a more oil on top. Bake the dough until the top of the loaf is golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes at 250 degree centigrade. Remove, cool and eat
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.