How To Make Chickpea Pomegranate Salad
Simple and a very basic recipe which is very flexible to many additions. The pomegranate here add an exceptional burst of flavour that is heavenly.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time5mins
Ingredients to make Chickpea Pomegranate Salad
- 2 cups chickpea, boiled
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Seeds of 1 large pomegranate
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
Steps to make Chickpea Pomegranate Salad
- Boil the chickpeas in a pressure cooker, you can add a little salt and oil here. When boiled strain and place under running water to cool and set aside.
- Peel and separate the pomegranate to get the seeds out. Keep aside.
- Combine the chickpeas, pomegranate seeds and chopped basil leaves in medium mixing bowl and toss with olive oil and lime juice.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper before serving. Tastes best at room temperature.
My Tip: Make sure before combining the salad that the chickpeas are completely cooled.