How To Make Cherry Cake
A soft sponge like cake with sweet cherries, a favourite delight during the winter season.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time60mins
Ingredients to make Cherry Cake
- 200g Canned Sweet Cherries
- 120g All purpose flour
- 100g Unsalted Butter, melted
- 100g Sugar
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt.
Steps to make Cherry Cake
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.Grease or line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Wash and chop the cherries into half and keep them side.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, ground almond and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a seperate bowl until it becomes thick. Add the vanilla essence, mix well.
- Beat in the melted butter and milk, mix well to incorporate the ingredients.
- Fold in the flour gradually and then add half of the cherries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake for 10 mins.
- Add the remaning cherries on top and bake for another 20 mins.
- Let it cool for 15 mins and then cut into desired size.