Chicken and Oats Soup
I make this chicken and oats soup mostly in seher, during Ramadan fasting’s. This time I used curried chicken pieces, which were lying in the fridge from yesterday night’s dinner where I made chicken khorma to pair up with jeera rice.
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time15Minutes
Homemade Vegetable Stock
- 100 gms. boneless and skinless Chicken breast, cut into cubes
- ½ cup Oats
- ¼ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- ½ tbsp. Pepper powder
- 1 Carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- 1 Cardamom, 1 Clove, 1 1’inch stick Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. minced Coriander leaves
- 2-3 fresh Mint leaves
- 2 cup Chicken broth/Water/Vegetable Stock
- Pressure cook chicken pieces and carrot cubes with salt and pepper powder for 2-3 whistles or until chicken pieces are soft.
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil and to this add cardamom, cinnamon and clove.
- To this add finely sliced onion and fry till translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chilli and fry till tomatoes turn soft. Now add cooked chicken and carrot pieces. Mix well.
- Add chicken broth or water along with fresh minced coriander leaves and mint leaves. Bring this to boil by seasoning it with salt. Let it sit for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add oats to this and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until you get your desired soup consistency. I like my chicken & Oats Soup to be thick.