Ingredients to make Spicy Tomato Soup
- 6 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup pumpkin, cubed
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bayleaf
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1" stick of cinnamon
- 2 dry red chillies
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 600 ml water or veg stock
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil to garnish
Steps to make Spicy Tomato Soup
- Heat butter in a deep saucepan. Saute the garlic for a minute, add the onions and saute till soft and transparent.
- Add the dry spices, pumpkin and tomatoes, cook on a simmer for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the water or stock.
- Cook on a low flame for 8-10 minutes or till it has softened, add water if it's too thick.
- Take off the flame, cool and remove the bayleaf. Blend the soup in a mixer or with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add water and check the seasoning for desired consistency.
- Garnish with a teaspoon of olive oil and serve hot with garlic bread.
My Tip: You can reduce or increase the number of red chillies as per the desired spice taste.