Spaghetti with vegetables and mince meat
- 200 gms Chicken mince
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- 1/4 tsp Chilli flakes
- 200 gms(1 packet ) Spaghetti
- Few fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil the spaghetti with a little salt and olive oil till "al dente", drain under running water to refresh and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add oil and saute the garlic till it turns into a light golden colour. Add the sliced onions and fry for a minute. Then add the minced meat and brown it well.
- After this, pour in the tomato puree and cook till the puree is thick.
- Then add rest of the vegetables and cherry tomatoes as well as the oregano, sugar and chilli flakes.
- Cook till the veggies are slightly cooked but still crunchy.
- Toss in the spaghetti and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve hot.
My Tip: You can use mutton/lamb mince, just increase the cooking time till the mince is cooked.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.