How to make Ghee
- 5-7 Bread Slices (I have used Wheat Bread)
- 300 ml boiled milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp rose essence (optional)
- 1 and 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 5-6 tbsp ghee / clarified butter (or) oil
- Chopped nuts for garnishing
- Remove the brown crust and cut the bread slices into 4-5 pieces. Heat 3 tbsp ghee in a frying pan or kadai. Fry these bread pieces till they turn golden brown in colour. Lower the flame and pour in the milk.
- Stir well and add the cardamom powder. Let it cook till the bread slices become soft and mushy. Keep stirring once in a while to avoid burning at the bottom of halwa.
- Add rose essence and stir well (optional). Once halwa becomes thick, add cane sugar and stir well.
- Also, Add 1 tbsp ghee at a time and cook till it starts leaving the sides of the pan. Now, add chopped nuts and give a stir.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.
My Tip: To make it vegan, replace the milk with coconut milk & ghee with light flavored oil.