Nenju Elambu Soup / Lamb Rib Bone Soup
- 200 gms nenju elambu/ lamb rib bone
- 1 medium sized onion - chopped
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 or 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder / jeera
- 1 tsp saunf / fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 4 cup water
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 dry red chilies
- Salt to taste
Clean and wash the rib bone. Marinate with turmeric powder and keep aside for 10 mins. Wash it again and keep aside. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pressure cooker. Temper the mustard seeds, fennel seeds and 5-8 curry leaves. Add in the broken red chilies.
Stir well and add the chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste. Add tomato and mash the pulp, then add the lamb rib bones, turmeric powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and stir everything well together.
Add water and salt to taste. Close the lid and pressure cook for 11-13 whistles.
Remove from the heat and let the pressure settle down. Add coriander leaves and adjust the salt and spiciness as per taste.
Serve it hot to enjoy.