How To Make Nenju Elambu Soup / Lamb Rib Bone Soup
Nenju Elambu Soup, is a healthy South Indian style Soup/ Rasam prepared with Lamb Rib Bones or Nenju Elambu.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Nenju Elambu Soup / Lamb Rib Bone Soup
- 200 gms nenju elambu/ lamb rib bone
- 1 medium sized onion - chopped
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 or 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder / jeera
- 1 tsp saunf / fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 4 cup water
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 dry red chilies
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Nenju Elambu Soup / Lamb Rib Bone Soup
- Clean and wash the rib bone. Marinate with turmeric powder and keep aside for 10 mins. Wash it again and keep aside. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pressure cooker. Temper the mustard seeds, fennel seeds and 5-8 curry leaves. Add in the broken red chilies.
- Stir well and add the chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste. Add tomato and mash the pulp, then add the lamb rib bones, turmeric powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and stir everything well together.
- Add water and salt to taste. Close the lid and pressure cook for 11-13 whistles.
- Remove from the heat and let the pressure settle down. Add coriander leaves and adjust the salt and spiciness as per taste.
- Serve it hot to enjoy.