Til Bhugga ( Sesame seeds Burfi)
Bhugga , a burfi made with white seasme seeds is a very famous and authentic dish of Punjab which is eaten on the eve of Lohri . It is also distributed as a sweet to each other on the Lohri eve. This is my home recipe of making Bhugga which is very easy using just 3 ingredients and us very tasty and different from other sweets
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time10Minutes
How to make Khoya
- 250 Gms White Sesame Seeds
- 250 Gms Powdered Sugar
- 250 Gms Mawa (khoya )(Danedar)
- 75 Gms Dry Fruits
- Roast the sesame seeds on medium heat for 6-8 minutes such that it releases its oil.
- Grind the sesame seeds in a grinder properly such that it forms a thick Sticky consistency as shown in the picture.
- Mix powdered sugar and khoya simultaneously with grinded sesame seeds such that it obtains the consistency of a burfi.
- Spread the mixture on a flat surface with a thickness of 3-4 cm .
- Add chopped Dry Fruits over it and keep it undisturbed for 30 minutes
- Cut it into Squares and it is ready to eat.
My Tip: Grind the Sesame seeds to a little coarse texture for better taste.