Ingredients to make Falooda
- Milk 500 ml
- Sugar 1/2 c
- Falooda sev or nylon vermicelli 4 tbsp
- Assorted fruits like banana, pomegranate, apple, berries, grapes etc 3/4 c
- Mixed nuts and dry fruits ( almonds, cashews, raisins) 4 tbsp
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Vanilla ice cream 2 big scoops
- Basil seeds ( Sabja seeds) 1 tbsp soaked in 1/2 c of water
- Rose Syrup 2 Tbsp
Steps to make Falooda
- Soak the basil seeds in 1/2 c of water for half an hour.
- In the meanwhile, Cook the falooda sev as per instructions on the packet. Drain and let cool.
- Boil milk and add sugar while it is still hot. Let cool completely.
- Add rose syrup to the milk and mix well. Refrigerate.
- Also, refrigerate the cut fruits too.
- To assemble the falooda, you need two tall and considerably big glasses.
- Divide the fruits, nuts, ice cream, basil seeds and sev into two portions.
- Place the fruits at the bottom of one glass.
- Now, add the sev.
- Next add ice cream.
- Add the soaked basil seeds to the top of the ice cream.
- Sprinkle nuts and raisins.
- Pour one cup of milk slowly from the sides.
- Repeat with another glass.
- Serve cold with a spoon and generous sprinkling of chocolate vermicelli if you desire.
My Tip: Use different flavors of ice cream for a different taste.