How To Make Paneer spicy burji
Paneer bhurji is the vegetarian version of egg bhurji (scrambled eggs saute'ed with onion, tomatoes, chillies and other spices). Paneer is an excellent replacement for eggs in this recipe.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time20mins
Key ingredients for Paneer spicy burji
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Paneer spicy burji
- 200 gms Paneer- crumbled/grated
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger, grated
- 4-5 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- Garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- Lime juice to taste
Steps to make Paneer spicy burji
- Heat oil in a skillet. When hot, add cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Add onion, ginger and saute until onion turns brown, for about 3-4 mins. Add tomatoes & bell pepper and saute until the vegetables are soft but crisp.
- Next, add the masala powder along with salt and give a good mix. Cook until the raw smell of masala powders are gone. Add 2 tbsp of milk and cook for 2-3 mins until the whole mixture comes together.
- Add grated paneer, cilantro and give a good mix. Let it cook for 3-4 mins on medium, remove from heat and add lime juice and mix well.
My Tip: Prepare on low heat,for best taste.