Kashmiri Seekh Kebab
How to make Ghee
- Mutton mince- 500gms
- Garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Mustard oil- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seed powder-1/2 tsp
- Aniseed(saunf) powder- 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies- 2, minced
- Cinnamon powder- 1/4 tsp
- Dried mint- 1 tsp, crushed
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl combine the mince meat, aniseed powder, green chillies, garlic, cinnamon, cumin powder and mint. Mix well.
- Take a clean and dry mortar and pestle. Pound this mince meat mixture in batches till it is a fine velvety consistency.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add eggs, mustard oil and salt to it. Mix thoroughly and leave to marinate for an hour.
- Pat down over skewers into a kebab shape and roast over hot coals.You can also pan fry the kebabs in ghee.
- Serve with mint chutney and sliced onions.