How To Make Makhmali Shahi Phirini
Like different types of culture in India different types of kheer are also famous. Here is one of the recipe of kheer, taught to me by my Grandma.
- Prep Time3Hours
- Cook Time75mins
Ingredients to make Makhmali Shahi Phirini
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 1 1/2 litter Milk
- 1/2 Cup Milkmaid
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup fine Cashew powder
- 1/4 cup fine Almond powder
- Saffron strands 1 to 2 pinch
- Rose water or Kewra essence 2 to 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- Few Almonds and Pistachio for garnish
Steps to make Makhmali Shahi Phirini
- Soak rice for 3 hours, dry in air, grind till granulated but not powdered.
- In a pan roast granulated rice, when a pleasant smell comes, turn off the stove. When rice temperature is down, add milk slowly. Again turn on the stove and continue mixing it with the help of a spoon.
- In another mixing bowl add milkmaid, cashew nut and almond powder, mix well. Now pour this mixture in rice and milk mixture and mix well.
- After 2-3 minutes, add sugar and mix. When it reduces to half of its original quantity turn off the stove and add cardamom powder and pour this mixture in a clay pot to set.
- When temperature is low, add rose water or kewra essence, saffron flakes and a few chopped almonds over it and let it cool.
- Serve chilled for best taste.
My Tip: Use maava in place of milkmaid.