Makhmali Shahi Phirini
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 1 1/2 litter Milk
- 1/2 Cup Milkmaid
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup fine Cashew powder
- 1/4 cup fine Almond powder
- Saffron strands 1 to 2 pinch
- Rose water or Kewra essence 2 to 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- Few Almonds and Pistachio for garnish
- Soak rice for 3 hours, dry in air, grind till granulated but not powdered.
- In a pan roast granulated rice, when a pleasant smell comes, turn off the stove. When rice temperature is down, add milk slowly. Again turn on the stove and continue mixing it with the help of a spoon.
- In another mixing bowl add milkmaid, cashew nut and almond powder, mix well. Now pour this mixture in rice and milk mixture and mix well.
- After 2-3 minutes, add sugar and mix. When it reduces to half of its original quantity turn off the stove and add cardamom powder and pour this mixture in a clay pot to set.
- When temperature is low, add rose water or kewra essence, saffron flakes and a few chopped almonds over it and let it cool.
- Serve chilled for best taste.
My Tip: Use maava in place of milkmaid.