Rogan Josh | How to make Rogan Josh (27 likes)
- By Chef (Mrs) Reetu Uday Kugaji
Created on 1st Mar 2016
About Rogan Josh
A treat to your taste buds, a delicious recipe from the paradise Kashmir, prepared with mutton pieces simmered in various Indian spices and yogurt and not to forget the ratanjot infused oil which imparts the rich red colour to the aromatic curry. "Agar firdaus bar roo-e zameen ast, Hameen ast-o hameen ast-o hameen ast" "IF THERE IS PARADISE ON FACE OF THE EARTH, IT IS THIS, IT IS THIS, IT IS THIS”
The delicious and mouthwatering Rogan Josh is enjoyed by all. This dish is often prepared for special occasions including parties or festivals. Rogan Josh is a good option when you want to cook something different . It is an amazing dish which is liked by people of all age groups. The flavourful ingredients are the key to the amazing taste of Rogan Josh. Chef (Mrs) Reetu Uday Kugaji shared Rogan Josh recipe which can serve 4 people. The step by step process with pictures will help you learn how to make the delicious Rogan Josh. Try this delicious Rogan Josh recipe at home and surprise your family and friends. You can connect with the Chef (Mrs) Reetu Uday Kugaji of Rogan Josh by commenting on the page. In case you have any questions around the ingredients or cooking process. The Rogan Josh can also be given a rating. The "What's cooking" feature can be used to share your experience when you make Rogan Josh with other users
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time2Hours
Video for key ingredients
How to make Khoya
Ingredients to make Rogan Josh
- Mutton with high fat content, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces – 500 gm.
- Mustard oil – 06 tbsp.
- Asafoetida- ¼ tsp.
- Cumin seeds - 01 tsp.
- Cinnamon – 01 inch piece
- Cloves- 04 nos.
- Black Peppercorn- 05 nos.
- Black Cardamom – 04 nos.
- Whole Kashmiri red chillies – 04 nos.
- Kashmiri red chili powder– 1-1/2 tbsp.
- Fennel seeds, powder - 02 tsp
- Dry ginger powder – ½ tsp.
- Coriander powder – 01 tbsp.
- Yogurt, hung- ¾ th cup
- Saffron (stepped in little hot milk) – 02 gm.
- Mutton Stock- 1 ½ to 02 cups
- Garam masala powder- ¼ th tsp.
- Khoya, grated- 50 gm.
- Almonds, blanched, peeled and ground into a fine paste-25 gm.
- Kewra water- 02 ml.
- Salt -to taste
- Ratanjot – 01 inch piece- 04 nos. heated with a little oil i.e. 25 ml mustard oil.
- For Garnishing: Coriander leaves- 02 sprigs