Rogan Josh | How to make Rogan Josh (27 likes)
- By Chef (Mrs) Reetu Uday Kugaji
Created on 1st Mar 2016
About Rogan Josh
A treat to your taste buds, a delicious recipe from the paradise Kashmir, prepared with mutton pieces simmered in various Indian spices and yogurt and not to forget the ratanjot infused oil which imparts the rich red colour to the aromatic curry. "Agar firdaus bar roo-e zameen ast, Hameen ast-o hameen ast-o hameen ast" "IF THERE IS PARADISE ON FACE OF THE EARTH, IT IS THIS, IT IS THIS, IT IS THIS”
Rogan Josh, a deliciously amazing recipe to treat your family members. This recipe of Rogan Josh by Chef (Mrs) Reetu Uday Kugaji will definitely help you in its preparation. Surprisingly the preparations for Rogan Josh can be done within 20 minute. Isn't it interesting. Also, the time taken for cooking Rogan Josh is not very much. With such flavoursome ingredients, the dish is definitely going to come out superb! This recipe is almost perfect to serve 4 people.A lot of times making Paneer Tikka can be quite tricky, so the recipe in Better Butter can help you in making it. The aroma which arises while cooking Rogan Josh is just too tempting. Cooking Rogan Joshat home might be a little tedious but when your whole family would enjoy the meal, all your efforts would be totally worth it. The recipe can be turned and twisted in a lot of ways to make it more interesting. This recipe of Rogan Josh is so simple and easy that even beginners can try it out. So, the next time you have a party at home do not forget to check out the recipe ofRogan Josh from Better Butter.
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time2Hours
Video for key ingredients
How to make Khoya
Ingredients to make Rogan Josh
- Mutton with high fat content, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces – 500 gm.
- Mustard oil – 06 tbsp.
- Asafoetida- ¼ tsp.
- Cumin seeds - 01 tsp.
- Cinnamon – 01 inch piece
- Cloves- 04 nos.
- Black Peppercorn- 05 nos.
- Black Cardamom – 04 nos.
- Whole Kashmiri red chillies – 04 nos.
- Kashmiri red chili powder– 1-1/2 tbsp.
- Fennel seeds, powder - 02 tsp
- Dry ginger powder – ½ tsp.
- Coriander powder – 01 tbsp.
- Yogurt, hung- ¾ th cup
- Saffron (stepped in little hot milk) – 02 gm.
- Mutton Stock- 1 ½ to 02 cups
- Garam masala powder- ¼ th tsp.
- Khoya, grated- 50 gm.
- Almonds, blanched, peeled and ground into a fine paste-25 gm.
- Kewra water- 02 ml.
- Salt -to taste
- Ratanjot – 01 inch piece- 04 nos. heated with a little oil i.e. 25 ml mustard oil.
- For Garnishing: Coriander leaves- 02 sprigs