How To Make Tutti Frutti Bread
Tutti Frutti bread invokes childhood memories. As kids, we loved the bread with colourful pieces of chewy tutti frutti embedded in the slices. We would even pull out the tutti frutti and eat it first before devouring the slice of bread.
- Prep Time2Hours
- Cook Time35mins
Ingredients to make Tutti Frutti Bread
- 2 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons custard powder (vanilla flavor)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 1 and ½ teaspoons instant dry yeast
- ½ cup tutti frutti
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup warm water
Steps to make Tutti Frutti Bread
- Disperse the sugar in ½ cup warm water. Then stir in the yeast.
- Mix together the ingredients, flour, custard powder, milk powder and salt. Add butter and oil along and blend well. Then add the tutti frutti to this mixture.
- Now add the yeast mix and knead this mixture for about 10 minutes, adding water as required. The dough should be soft and elastic and not hard and sticky.
- Once the desired result is achieved, transfer the dough to a greased bowl. Turn the dough so that it is evenly coated with oil. Cover it and leave to rise till it becomes double its size.
- Note that the time for the dough to double may vary. It took 3 hours for this dough to double in size.
- Put the dough on a floured counter, then roll out the dough into a rectangle not bigger than the width of the pan you use. Tightly roll the dough towards you, and finally pinch the seams to seal.
- Grease one 7 inch x 3 inch of the loaf tin. Now place the roll in the loaf tin with the seam side down.
- Cover the loaf tin and keep it to aside to rise for 1 ½ hours in a warm place or until it rises ½ inch above the lip of the tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes till the top turns golden and the bottom sounds hollow when tapped.
- You can cover the bread with a foil if the top seems to brown too fast.
- Once cooked, remove it from the pan after 5 minutes. Cool it in the wire rack. Slice and serve the next day to eat.