Chicken Chettinad | How to make Chicken Chettinad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
About Chicken Chettinad
My take on Rick Stein's Chettinad Chicken. The Chettinad cuisine is regarded as one of the hottest & most aromatic cuisine of South India. Most of the dishes in this region are eaten along with rice based accompaniments.
Chicken Chettinad, a marvelous creation to spice up your day. The relishing flavours, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma of Chicken Chettinad is just mouth-watering. This amazing recipe is provided by Anitha Nayak. Be it kids or adults, no one can resist this delicious dish. How to make Chicken Chettinad is a question which arises in people's mind quite often. So, this simple step by step Chicken Chettinad recipe by Anitha Nayak. Chicken Chettinad can even be tried by beginners. A few secret ingredients in Chicken Chettinad just makes it the way it is served in restaurants. Chicken Chettinad can serve 3 people. So, the next time you have a get together or a party at home, don't forget to check and try out Chicken Chettinad.
Ingredients to make Chicken Chettinad
- Chicken breasts - 600 gms (cubes washed & drained)
- Shallots - 150 gms (finely chopped)
- Garlic - 12 (cloves peeled & minced)
- Ginger - 1 (2 inch piece peeled & minced)
- Cinnamon - 1 (3 inch piece roughly broken)
- Dagad/Stone flower - 3 whole (finely chopped)
- Fennel - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 4 sprigs (3 for cooking & 1 to garnish)
- Sugar - 3/4 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1.5 - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- For the fresh spice mix: Kashmiri red chili powder - 3/4 tbsp
- Black Peppercorns - 3/4 tbsp
- Fennel seeds - 3/4 tbsp
- Coriander seeds - 3/4 tbsp
How to make Chicken Chettinad
My Tip:Dagad/Stone flower : There are bits of black stuck to the stone flower, clean them & remove the bits of bark out.