How To Make Karuvepilai Neli Chutney/ Curry Leaves Amla Chutney
This chutney is very nutritious and packed with iron. Tastes yummy when served with idli/dosa.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time12mins
Key ingredients for Karuvepilai Neli Chutney/ Curry Leaves Amla Chutney
How to make Idli/Dosa Batter
Ingredients to make Karuvepilai Neli Chutney/ Curry Leaves Amla Chutney
- Curry leaves - 1 cup
- Amla - small-3
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Coconut grated - 1/4 cup
- Green chillies - 2
- Urad dal - 2 teaspoon
- Salt as needed
- Oil 2 teaspoon
- For tempering:
- Mustard - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli - 2
- Asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
Steps to make Karuvepilai Neli Chutney/ Curry Leaves Amla Chutney
- Deseed amla and chop them into small pieces.
- Heat kadai with the 2 teaspoon oil, add the urad dal and fry till golden brown.
- Now add curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add the amla, chilli, ginger and saute for two minutes.
- Add the grated coconut, mix well, saute for ten seconds and then turn it off.
- Let it cool down. Then transfer it to a mixie.
- Add required salt, little water to grind to a chutney.
- Grind everything well. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat oil to temper, add mustard once it pops add red chilli and asafoetida just mix and turn off.
- Transfer this to the bowl of chutney. Serve with idli/ dosa!!
My Tip: This chutney is very healthy. People who do not like to eat curry leaves as such can make use of this. Also amla is rich in vitamin C, calcium and iron.