Doon Chetin (Kashmiri Walnut Chutney)
- Walnuts- 130 gm.
- Onions (Roughly chopped)- 01 no.
- Green Chillies (Deseeded and roughly chopped)- 01 no.
- Hung curd- ¾ th cup.
- Black cumin (Shahi Jeera) powder- ½ gm
- Red Chilli Powder (Kashmiri)- ½ tsp.
- Salt- to taste
- For Garnish: Dried mint: ¼ th tsp. (Optional)
- Boil the walnuts till in water, till soft. Discard the water. Cool the walnuts and keep aside.
- Grind the onions and green chillies together to a smooth paste.
- Add the boiled walnuts and grind again for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add the hung curds, black cumin and red chilli powder. Add salt. Blend well.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
My Tip: Chef Tips: 01. You may garnish with dried mint. 02. If you do not prefer mint leaves garnish with fresh coriander leaves. 03. You may serve the Doon Chetin as it is, that is without a garnish. 04. Check the aroma of walnuts as they tend to become rancid if not stored properly.