Afghan Dum Pukht | How to make Afghan Dum Pukht
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
About Afghan Dum Pukht Recipe
This rice variety is from Afghan cuisine . Afghan cuisine is largely based upon the nation's chief crops, such as wheat, maize, barley and rice. This Dum Pukht is a flavoured steamed rice with veggies and afghan spices . Absolutely delicious and easy .
Ingredients to make Afghan Dum Pukht
- Basmati nonstick soaked for 30 minutes and drained 4 cups
- seeds 2 teaspoons
- One big sized white finely chopped
- Two big sized red ripe finely chopped .
- Fresh 2 finely chopped
- Boiled 120 grams
- 1 diced (optional )
- Afghan spice 2 teaspoons
- powder 1 teaspoon
- Black powder 1 teaspoon
- Water 3.5 cups . Adjust as per the .
- Fresh leaves finely chopped a bunch
- as required . 3 Spoons approximately
- For the Afghan spice preparation :
- Green 2 tablespoons
- Black whole 2 tablespoons
- seeds 2 tablespoons
- stick / powder 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons
How to make Afghan Dum Pukht
My Tip:Maintain a low flame while the rice cooks . Slow cooking gives the desired rice texture and flavourful rice .