Key ingredients for Coconut Barfi
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Coconut Barfi
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2-3 tsp Ghee
- Pink food coloring
Steps to make Coconut Barfi
- Warm the milk. Add the milk and dessicated coconut and mix together.Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add the milk soaked coconut and cook on a low flame for 2-3 mins.
- Now add in the condensed milk and stir for 5 mins.
- Add sugar and cardamon powder. Stir and cook till the mixture thickens.
- Keep stirring on a low flame for 20-25 mins till the ghee starts releasing from the sides.
- Pour the coconut barfi mixture, leaving 1/2 cup, into a greased tray and let it cool for 10 mins in the refrigerator.
- Add a few drops of pink food coloring to the reserved 1/2 cup of the mixture and mix well, then spread a thin layer on top. Sprinkle grated coconut and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice the coconut barfi into bars and serve.