Chilli Garlic Chowmein Recipe
- 1 packet of Veg Hakka Noodles (180 grams)
- 1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium sized carrot (chopped in Julienne style)
- 115 grams of cabbage (chopped in long strands)
- 3-4 leaves of spinach
- 2 green chillies (add more or less according to taste)
- 8 cloves of garlic (finely shredded)
- 20 ml of refined or olive oil
- 15 ml of soya sauce
- 8 ml of white vinegar
- 5 ml green chilli sauce
- A generous pinch of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Take a stainless steel bowl and bring about 7-8 cups of water to boil. Once bubbles start forming, add in the noodles without breaking it.
- Cook the noodles for 4-5 minutes, then drain and wash it under running water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil into the noodles and mix so that it does not get sticky. Keep the noodles aside.
- Next take a wok/kadai and heat in 2 tablespoon of oil. Add in the shredded garlic and let the flavour of it combine together with the oil.
- Fry the garlic till it changes to golden brown colour and a strong aroma fills the room.
- Add in the onion, carrot, cabbage, chillies, spinach and cook on high flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Note that the vegetables should stay crunchy as this is the essence of the dish.
- Next toss in the noodles and stir along with the vinegar, soya sauce, pepper and salt. Let this cook over high flame for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup alongside.