How to make Ghee
- 110 grams rice flour
- 110 grams uncooked rice
- 150 grams urad dal
- Ghee as required to cook
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice and urad dal and soak for atleast 3-4 hours prior to cooking this dish.
- Next, blend the rice flour, urad dal and rice in a grinder to form a smooth paste.
- Pour adequate water and salt and mix well, note that the batter should be of a thick consistency. Leave this batter overnight or a minimum of 8 hours to ferment.
- To cook, take a non-stick tava and heat it on a medium flame, pour a little ghee and grease the tava.
- Then drizzle a little water on the tava and wipe off the ghee gently with the help of a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava and spread it to form a thin circle.
- Add a little ghee on top and along the edges. Let it cook on a high flame for 1-2 minutes, till the dosa turns crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Fold the dosa to form a semi-circle or a roll.
- Serve hot with a side of coconut chutney and sambhar.