How To Make Mutton cutlets
These crispy and scrumptious Parsi mutton cutlets are succulent and a perfect appetizer for any meal.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Mutton cutlets
- 500 grams Minced Mutton/Keema
- 5 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (roasted)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 3-4 Green chillies finely chopped(can add less or more acc.to taste)
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon mint finely chopped
- 5 Slices of bread
- 75 grams bread crumbs
- 2 Lemons (cut into wedges)
- Onion rings and slit green chillies to garnish
- Oil as required to deep fry
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Mutton cutlets
- Squeeze the minced mutton between the palms of your hands to remove excess water.
- Soak the bread in one cup of water for half a minute and squeeze to remove excess water.
- Place the mutton, bread, salt, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies, red chilli powder, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder, mint leaves and coriander leaves in a deep bowl.
- Mix well and set aside to marinate for three to four hours i the refrigerator.
- Divide the marinated mince into twelve equal portions, shape each portion into a ball and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Place each ball on a flat surface and flatten with your fingers into a four-inch patty, dusting with breadcrumbs as required.
- Place the cutlets in a refrigerator for half an hour.
- Heat plenty of oil in a deep kadai. Beat eggs lightly with salt and two tablespoons of water.
- Dip the cutlets in the egg and deep-fry for two to three minutes on each side.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with a garnish of onion rings, lemon wedges and a green chilli.