How To Make Sindhi Tomato Curry
Made the day before Sindhi weddings, this is a tangy curry.
- Prep Time60mins
- Cook Time60mins
Key ingredients for Sindhi Tomato Curry
Ingredients to make Sindhi Tomato Curry
- 1 handful sambar dal
- 5 tomatoes chopped
- 4 carrots cut round pieces
- 8 to 10 beans cut long pieces
- 8 to 10 ladies finger half fried
- 1 tsp bengal gram flour
- 1tbsp Oil
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- 1tsp jeera
- 8to10 curry leaves
- 8 to 10 green chillies slit
- 8 to 10 drumsticks boiled
- 1 cup tamarind pulp
- Coriander for garnish
- 1tsp red chilli pd
- 1/2 tsp methi seeds
Steps to make Sindhi Tomato Curry
- Pressure cook dal, tomato then strain the water and keep aside.
- Then in a kadai add oil fry bengal gram flour keep stirring till light pink then add mustard seeds, jeera, curry leaves, methi seeds, green chillies slit when crackle then add red chilli pwd mix well then add the strained water ( tomato and toor dal ) bring it to a boil then add ladies finger, then add the boiled vegetables (carrot, beans, drumsticks).
- Then add salt, tamarind pulp then bring it to a boil. Then if you want flavor for the curry add fresh curry leaves stem and coriander.
My Tip: You can add potatoes to this. Cut into big pieces, fry and add to the curry. You can also add brinjal or lotus stem.