Soya & Coconut Kheer
How to make Ghee
- Full-fat milk (I’ve used cow milk, vegans may use soy or almond milk) – 1 liter
- Sugar – 6 tbsp or about 1/2 cup
- Nutrela granules – 4 tbsp, soaked and drained
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Fresh grated coconut – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Assorted nuts – 2 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Fry the washed and drained Nutrela granules in ghee until golden and aromatic, and keep aside.
- Do the same with the chopped nuts and raisins and keep aside.
- Boil the milk until it begins to thicken.
- Let the milk reduce to half its original quantity.
- Add the soya granules and nuts.
- When the mixture is creamy but not fully thickened, add the sugar and cardamom powder, followed by the coconut.
- Keep stirring until mixture is thick, creamy and easily coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour into individual bowls and allow to set in the fridge.
- Serve chilled.
My Tip: Vegans can replace the milk with soya or almond milk.