- Brinjal – 3
- Tamarind – 2 lemon size
- Green chili – 4
- Ginger – small piece
- Water – 500ml
- Musturd – ¼ tsp
- Bengal gram – ½ tsp
- Urad dhal – ½ tsp
- Gingelly Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Asafoetida - a generous pinch
- Coriander leaves - few
- Wash the brinjal and rub with oil.
- Roast the brinjal in gas fire and keep turning until all sides are cooked.
- Let it cool.
- Peel the skin and mash the brinjal.
- Blend the tamarind in water and make it as a juice with 500ml water. Now all the ingredients are ready to be cooked.
- Take pan and add oil and hing.
- Add mustard, Bengal gram dhal, urad dhal and fry for a min
- Add ginger and let it fry.
- Add green chili and let it fry.
- Switch off the gas.
- Add the tamarind juice.
- Add roasted and mashed brinjal
- Add salt and mix nicely.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.