Healthy Oatmeal Paneer Buttermilk Pancakes(No eggs)
- Oatmeal - 1 cup(I used quaker oats)
- Cottage cheese(paneer) - 1 cup
- Buttermilk - 1/2 cup(adjust)
- Baking Soda(or cooking soda) - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - generous pinch
- Brown sugar(powdered) -3 tbspn(adjust)
- For serving/garnish
- Butter cube(ditch for guilt free option)
- Fresh cut fruits
- Honey/Maple syrup
- 1. Grind quaker oats(or any oats that you use) into fine powder.
- 2. In a blender add cottage cheese and buttermilk and pulse it so it forms a smooth semi thick liquid.
- 3. Add oatmeal, cottage cheese buttermilk mix, pinch of salt brown sugar, baking soda and whisk until it forms a lump free thick batter.
- 4. If you are unable to mix add few tea spoons of buttermilk and whisk until you get a thick batter. Remember you need to have a thick batter.
- 5. Tip 1 - to get evenly cooked/browned pancake use dry non stick pan and do not add butter before pouring the batter onto the pan.
- 6. Tip 2- Always cook pancakes on low flame.
- 7. Pour a ladle full of batter and wait till it cooks, then carefully flip and let it cook on the other side until browned.
- 8. Repeat above step with rest of the batter.
- 9. Serve pancakes hot with some butter on top(avoid if you want to eat guilt free), drizzle maple syrup or honey along with some fresh cut fruits.
My Tip: Drizzle some maple syrup over the pancakes.