How To Make Healthy Oatmeal Paneer Buttermilk Pancakes(No eggs)
Packed with proteins from the cottage cheese and the goodness of oats and buttermilk, this is one healthy pancake that you can eat without thinking twice!
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time25mins
Ingredients to make Healthy Oatmeal Paneer Buttermilk Pancakes(No eggs)
- Oatmeal - 1 cup(I used quaker oats)
- Cottage cheese(paneer) - 1 cup
- Buttermilk - 1/2 cup(adjust)
- Baking Soda(or cooking soda) - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - generous pinch
- Brown sugar(powdered) -3 tbspn(adjust)
- For serving/garnish
- Butter cube(ditch for guilt free option)
- Fresh cut fruits
- Honey/Maple syrup
Steps to make Healthy Oatmeal Paneer Buttermilk Pancakes(No eggs)
- 1. Grind quaker oats(or any oats that you use) into fine powder.
- 2. In a blender add cottage cheese and buttermilk and pulse it so it forms a smooth semi thick liquid.
- 3. Add oatmeal, cottage cheese buttermilk mix, pinch of salt brown sugar, baking soda and whisk until it forms a lump free thick batter.
- 4. If you are unable to mix add few tea spoons of buttermilk and whisk until you get a thick batter. Remember you need to have a thick batter.
- 5. Tip 1 - to get evenly cooked/browned pancake use dry non stick pan and do not add butter before pouring the batter onto the pan.
- 6. Tip 2- Always cook pancakes on low flame.
- 7. Pour a ladle full of batter and wait till it cooks, then carefully flip and let it cook on the other side until browned.
- 8. Repeat above step with rest of the batter.
- 9. Serve pancakes hot with some butter on top(avoid if you want to eat guilt free), drizzle maple syrup or honey along with some fresh cut fruits.
My Tip: Drizzle some maple syrup over the pancakes.